If you want to know why you run the Triple Option, here are six reasons why:
- You do not have to block any Defensive Linemen outside the Playside Guard–unless you want to do so.
- This is the opportunity to put your best athletes on the field (not a big-boy driven system–ex. Navy and Army).
- Flexibility and disguise–who is getting the ball?
- Unfamiliarity with the scheme can lead to defensive confusion.
- Leads to increased Defensive preparation time.
- Creates Offensive mismatches–always 3-on-2 when running the Triple Option–somebody must beat a block to stop you!