1. It doesn’t matter how many people don’t get it. What matters is how many people do.
As long as you’re accomplishing your objectives with the Triple Option, the haters will possess a cascading effect–and then they don’t matter.
2. 10% of people will find a way to take anything personally. Expect it.
NEVER respond to the criticism or respond to things that do not warrant a response.
3. Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity.
If you respond to EVERYONE about the Triple Option, you’ll get more behavior you don’t want and less behavior you do want.
4. If you are really effective at what you do, 95% of the things said about you will be negative.
The best coaches are almost always the people who get the most criticism.
5. If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
Train yourself to be effective at dealing with, responding to, even enjoying criticism… In fact, take the quote a step further and encourage people to actively pursue being thought foolish and stupid.
6. Live well.
If a vessel contains acid and you pour some on an object, it’s still the vessel that sustains the most damage.
7. Carry onward.
If you believe you can change lives with the Triple Option, do what you believe is right, expect resistance, and expect attackers.