Georgia Tech Head Football Coach Paul Johnson on Running Triple versus a Three-Man Surface
From the Nike Clinic
▪ When facing a three-man surface (Triple Stack), take the A-Back and put him out in Trips.
▪ Somebody from the defense has to go with the Playside A-Back.
▪ Put the Playside A-Back out on the hash.
▪ #3 has to go with him. If #3 does go with him, now #3 is out of the box.
▪ Then, the other A-Back will come in motion and run Triple at him.
▪ You can make the 3-man surface move.
▪ If they don’t cover down, raise up and throw to the Trips A-Back
▪ This eliminates the defense’s three-man surface to run games.
This diagrams shows you how to run Trips Triple versus the Three-Man Surface just as Paul Johnson discussed:
▪ Trips Triple versus Three-Man Surface
▪ PR- Deep Defender
▪ MA- #3
▪ PA- Twirl, Pitch
▪ PT- Veer
▪ PG- Base to Ace
▪ C- Veer to Ace
▪ BG/BT- Scoop
▪ BR- Cutoff
▪ Q- Veer 1, Pitch 2
▪ B- Veer Path
Learn how to install the Triple Option Offense the right way the first time by calling Dr. Cella at 570-332-0265.