All data was compiled by Dr. Lou Cella, Sport and Performance Psychologist. He can be found at tripleoptionfootball.com and can be reached at (570) 332-0265.
Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech combined to do the following in 2018:
- Played 39 games.
- Executed 2,653 plays.
- Averaged 68 offensive plays/game.
- Ran the football 86% of the time.
- Averaged 58 running plays/game.
45% of Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech’s combined offense consisted of the following three concepts:
1- Zone Option with Variations.
- This includes Speed Option, Quarterback Power, and Quarterback Sweep.
- Zone Option with variations was run 461 times.
- This concept was 17.4% of Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech’s 2018 Offense.
- Zone Option with variations is the featured constraint when they don’t get four yards on the give phase of the Triple Option.
2- Triple Option
- This is the “Inside Veer” concept.
View original post 488 more words