Skip to content
1. General Background
- The laces of the ball must come up crossing the finger of the Q’s passing hand.
- Avoid crowding the Center.
- Toes point straight ahead.
- Weight on balls of feet with the weight distributing on the side to which the Q is pivoting.
- 75% of weight on pivot foot.
- Knees are sightly flexed.
- Upright trunk. Too much forward lean affects the read on #1.
- Throwing hand must be placed firmly under the Center’s buttocks–squarely in the middle with the palms facing down.
- Opposite hand must be connected at the thumbs, either by meshing the thumbs together or interlocking them.