2017 Georgia Tech Triple Option Breakdown versus Wake Forest

Georgia Tech- 38 v. Wake Forest- 24 Georgia Tech Offense Total Plays Run- 79 68% of Georgia Tech’s Offense was the following: Triple Option- 20; Zone Dive- 14; Dropback Pass- 8; Follow- 7; Rocket- 5 The other 32% of Georgia Tech’s Offense was the following: Triple Boot Pass 3 Lead Option 2 Rocket Boot Pass 1 Trap Option 1 Rocket Boot 1 Triple Pass 1 … Continue reading 2017 Georgia Tech Triple Option Breakdown versus Wake Forest

Here’s Exactly What Georgia Tech, Army, and Navy are Running in 2017

Well, to no surprise the Triple Option is Georgia Tech, Army, and Navy’s #1 concept.  This is due to fact that the Triple Option is an offense and not just a play. Triple Option is the only concept that these three football programs all utilize at least four times/game. Army and Navy are utilizing the Zone Option when they are forced to give the ball … Continue reading Here’s Exactly What Georgia Tech, Army, and Navy are Running in 2017

Army West Point’s Top Three Concepts Through October 14, 2017

In 2017, Triple Option is the most utilized concept as Army West Point has executed the Triple 67 times. Zone Option, which is utilized when the defense forces a give read, has been executed 49 times. Zone Dive, which is utilized when the defense forces a pull read, has been executed 49 times. These three concepts are driving the Army Offense, which becomes bowl eligible … Continue reading Army West Point’s Top Three Concepts Through October 14, 2017

Navy’s Top Four Concepts Through October 14, 2017

In 2017, Navy has run the Triple Option and the Zone Option significantly more than any other concept. 1- TRIPLE OPTION has been run 47 times. 2- ZONE OPTION has been run 41 times.  This concept is utilized when the defense is forcing a give read on Triple. 3- MIDLINE TRIPLE OPTION has been run 28 times. 4- FOLLOW has been run 26 times.  This … Continue reading Navy’s Top Four Concepts Through October 14, 2017

Georgia Tech’s Top Five Concepts Through October 14, 2017

In 2017, Triple Option has been run more than any other concept by a 2-to-1 ratio.  The other four top concepts have been utilized 25-36 times. TRIPLE OPTION has been run 72 times. ZONE DIVE has been run 36 times.  This concept is utilized when the defense forces a pull read on Triple. FOLLOW has been run 30 times.  This concept is utilized when the … Continue reading Georgia Tech’s Top Five Concepts Through October 14, 2017

2017 Georgia Tech Triple Option Breakdown versus Miami

Georgia Tech- 24 v. Miami- 25 F Georgia Tech Offense total plays run- 52 54% of Georgia Tech’s Offense was the following: Triple Option- 18; Rocket- 6; Zone Dive- 4 The other 46% of Georgia Tech’s Offense was the following: Outside Veer Give- 1; Sprint Pass- 3; Sneak- 3; Counter Option- 2; Triple Pass- 1; Rocket Boot Pass- 1; WR Screen- 1; Rocket Pass- 1; … Continue reading 2017 Georgia Tech Triple Option Breakdown versus Miami

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown Versus Eastern Michigan

Army West Point- 28 v. Eastern Michigan- 27 F Army West Point total plays run: 65 62% of Army West Point’s Offense was the following: Triple Option- 11; Zone Dive- 11; Trap- 6; Zone Option- 6; Iso- 6 The other 38% of Army West Point’s Offense was the following: Quarterback Draw- 1; Down- 3; Counterkeep- 2; Midline Lead- 4; Follow- 2; Counter Option- 1; Belly … Continue reading 2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown Versus Eastern Michigan

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown Versus Rice

Army- 49 v. Rice- 13 F Army West Point ran 68 total plays. 57% of Army West Point’s offense was the following: Triple Option- 22; Zone Option- 9; Zone Dive- 8 The other 43% was the following: Rocket 3 Mid Triple 2 Down 3 Rocket Boot 2 Follow 4 Iso 5 Counterkeep 1 Sneak 3 Midline Lead 1 Trap 2 Stretch 1 Dropback Pass 1 … Continue reading 2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown Versus Rice