Army won 42-35 yesterday over San Diego State in the Armed Forces Bowl.
- The Black Knights had the ball for 46 of the 60 minutes.
- They had 31 1st downs.
- 72% of the time on third down, Army got a first down. This is by far the best in the FBS.
- Army had 440 yards rushing.
- Finally–San Diego State scored 35 points in 14 minutes and still lost the football game.
- Army achieved their first 10-win season since 1996.
Merry Christmas and God bless!
|3rd down efficiency||2-4||13-18|
|4th down efficiency||0-0||2-4|
|Yards per pass||2.5||1.5|
|Yards per rush||12.1||5.1|
Army West Point- 42 v San Diego State- 35 F
Army West Point Total Plays Run- 83
83% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Option- 25; Zone Dive- 16; Trap- 12; Down- 10; Rocket- 6
The other 17% of Army’s Offense was the following:
Zone Belly- 1; Midline Lead- 2; Triple Pass- 2; Sneak- 2; Counter Keep- 1; Belly Option- 1; Rocket Pass- 1; Midline Triple- 1; Triple Option- 1; Reverse Pass- 1; Rocket Boot Pass- 1
There are seven concepts that Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech all executed during Week 1 of the 2017 season.
Triple Option was run 14 times among the three programs.
Rocket was run 14 times among the three programs.
Zone Dive was run 11 times among the three programs.
Midline Lead was run 10 times among the three programs.
Trap- was run 10 times among the three programs.
Down- was run 9 times among the three programs.
Sneak- was run 6 times among the three programs.
Triple Option, Rocket, Zone Dive, Midline Lead, Trap, Down (Belly-G), and Sneak are the seven concepts that Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech all ran during Week 1 of the 2017 season.
Ahmad Bradshaw rushed for two touchdowns and gained 128 of his 177 yards in the first half as Army crushed Fordham 64-6 in the opener for both teams Friday night (9/1/17).
- 3/4 of Army’s Offense was Zone Belly, Belly Option, Triple Option, Midline Lead, Rocket, Zone Option, and Heavy Down (Belly-G).
- 40% of Army’s Offense was a Belly Variation (Zone Belly, Belly Option, Down).
- Army did not complete one pass the entire game, and Army average 11 yards/run on 47 attempts.