2017 Georgia Tech Triple Option Breakdown versus Wake Forest

Paul Johnson's Inside Hot Route

Georgia Tech- 38 v. Wake Forest- 24 Georgia Tech Offense Total Plays Run- 79 68% of Georgia Tech’s Offense was the following: Triple Option- 20; Zone Dive- 14; Dropback Pass- 8; Follow- 7; Rocket- 5 The other 32% of Georgia Tech’s Offense was the following: Triple Boot Pass 3 Lead Option 2 Rocket Boot Pass … Read more 2017 Georgia Tech Triple Option Breakdown versus Wake Forest

Here’s Exactly What Georgia Tech, Army, and Navy are Running in 2017

Well, to no surprise the Triple Option is Georgia Tech, Army, and Navy’s #1 concept.  This is due to fact that the Triple Option is an offense and not just a play. Triple Option is the only concept that these three football programs all utilize at least four times/game. Army and Navy are utilizing the … Read more Here’s Exactly What Georgia Tech, Army, and Navy are Running in 2017

Navy’s Top Four Concepts Through October 14, 2017

In 2017, Navy has run the Triple Option and the Zone Option significantly more than any other concept. 1- TRIPLE OPTION has been run 47 times. 2- ZONE OPTION has been run 41 times.  This concept is utilized when the defense is forcing a give read on Triple. 3- MIDLINE TRIPLE OPTION has been run … Read more Navy’s Top Four Concepts Through October 14, 2017

Georgia Tech’s Top Five Concepts Through October 14, 2017

In 2017, Triple Option has been run more than any other concept by a 2-to-1 ratio.  The other four top concepts have been utilized 25-36 times. TRIPLE OPTION has been run 72 times. ZONE DIVE has been run 36 times.  This concept is utilized when the defense forces a pull read on Triple. FOLLOW has … Read more Georgia Tech’s Top Five Concepts Through October 14, 2017

2017 Navy Triple Option Breakdown versus Memphis

Navy- 27 v. Memphis- 30 F Navy Total Offensive Plays- 63 70% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Triple Option- 19; Follow- 10; Zone Option- 6; Triple Pass- 5; Midline Lead- 4 The other 30% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Rocket- 3; Counter Option- 2; Down- 2; Cowboy- 2; Zone Dive- 1; Zone Belly Pass- 1; Midline … Read more 2017 Navy Triple Option Breakdown versus Memphis

2017 Georgia Tech Triple Option Breakdown versus Pittsburgh

Georgia Tech- 35 v. Pittsburgh- 17 F Georgia Tech’s Total Offensive Plays- 76 55% of Georgia Tech’s Offense was the following: Triple Option- 18; Zone Dive- 16; Follow- 8 The other 45% of Georgia Tech’s Offense was the following: Trap- 5; Sprint Pass- 5; Rocket- 4; Triple Pass- 3; Counter Keep- 3; Counter Option- 2; Trap Option- 2; … Read more 2017 Georgia Tech Triple Option Breakdown versus Pittsburgh

2017 Navy Triple Option Breakdown vs. Cincinnati

zone kick (8-man)

Navy- 42 v. Cincinnati- 32 F Navy had 569 rushing yards in this game, which is the second most in school history. Navy Total Offensive Plays- 72 71% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Triple Option- 21; Zone Dive- 14; Midline Triple- 8; Follow- 8 The other 29% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Zone … Read more 2017 Navy Triple Option Breakdown vs. Cincinnati

Georgia Tech’s Top Five Concepts Through Week 2 of 2017

Georgia Tech has run 150 offensive plays in their first two games. Triple Option has been run 21 times.  This is currently 14% of the Georgia Tech offense. Rocket has been run 14 times.  Tech ran Rocket seven times versus Tennessee and seven times versus Jacksonville State. Follow has been run 17 times.  Tech ran … Read more Georgia Tech’s Top Five Concepts Through Week 2 of 2017

2017 Georgia Tech Triple Option Breakdown vs. Jacksonville State

Georgia Tech- 37 v. Jacksonville State- 10 F Georgia Tech Offense Total Plays- 55 67% (2/3) of the Georgia Tech Offense is the following: Triple Option– 15; Rocket– 7; Follow– 5; Trap– 5; Sprint Pass– 5 Other Plays Run are the following: Dropback Pass- 4; Counter Speed- 3; Outside Veer Give- 2; Triple Pass- 2; Sprint Draw (Eagle)- 1; Counter … Read more 2017 Georgia Tech Triple Option Breakdown vs. Jacksonville State

Here’s What the Navy Offense Has Done over the Last Two Games

The Navy Offense has run 123 plays run in last two games. These five concepts are 54% of Navy’s 2017 Offense: Midline Triple– 20 (16% of offense); Zone Option– 19 (15% of offense); Triple Pass– 11 (9% of offense); Triple Option– 9 (7% of offense); Follow– 8 (7% of offense) Triple Option(s) make up 23% of Navy’s Offense.  This has been … Read more Here’s What the Navy Offense Has Done over the Last Two Games

The Five Situations You Must Practice When Running the Triple Option Offense: Podcast

zone kick

You’re going to want to take notes as Dr. Cella goes through the five situations you must practice when running the Triple Option Offense.  Dr. Cella transparently states the concepts for each of the five situations in this podcast. The podcast can be heard right here.  

Navy and Georgia Tech’s Three-Step Goal-Line Process

This is what Navy and Georgia Tech have done on the Goal-Line over the last decade. Step 1- They align in the Heavy Formation. Step 2- They run the Follow. Step 3- If the A and B-gaps are plugged, the Quarterback audibles to the Toss.

What Navy’s Offense Does on the Goal-Line

They run Follow to get the extra blocker. UNLESS the A and B-gaps are plugged, then Navy audibles to the Rocket Toss. This is all Navy has done on the Goal-Line over the last 10 years…. follow this plan in 2016 for a very successful Goal-Line Offense.

Utilize the Heavy Formation Because You’re in a Short Yardage/Goal-line Situation

When you’re in a short yardage/goal-line situation, do the following: 1- Align in the Heavy Formation 2- Run Follow to get the extra blocker at the point of attack. 3- If the A and B-gaps are plugged, Toss the ball outside. To learn all the strategies, tactics, fundamentals, and techniques of the Triple Option Offense, … Read more Utilize the Heavy Formation Because You’re in a Short Yardage/Goal-line Situation