Executing Double Flex, Zone Option versus 6-2 Defense

When running Zone Option out of Double Flex, the Offensive Line, A-Backs, and Backside Receiver have the same responsibilities as Triple Option. The Playside Receiver blocks down. The B-Back leads for the Quarterback and blocks the Mike to the Free Safety while the Quarterback takes the snap, goes down the line, turns up and scores unless #2 can tackle him… if so, the Quarterback sets … Continue reading Executing Double Flex, Zone Option versus 6-2 Defense

Running Zone Option out of Heavy

The Heavy Formation brings the Backside Tackle over to the formation side, and puts the Backside Receiver where the Backside Tackle was. Zone Option is utilized when the defense forces a give to the B-Back on Triple. When this happens, the offense makes the defense defend the Quarterback and the Backside A-Back.                           … Continue reading Running Zone Option out of Heavy

2017 Navy Triple Option Offensive Breakdown versus Virginia in the Military Bowl

Navy- 49 v Virginia- 7 F Navy Offense Total Plays- 76 72% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Zone Dive- 20; Triple Option- 12; Zone Option- 16; Follow- 7 The other 28% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Triple Pass- 4; Trap- 3; Rocket- 3; Trap Option- 2; Rocket Boot- 2; Rocket Boot Option; Midline Triple Option; Midline White- 5 Continue reading 2017 Navy Triple Option Offensive Breakdown versus Virginia in the Military Bowl

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus Navy

Army West Point- 14 v. Navy- 13 F (December 9, 2017) Army West Point Total Plays Run- 50 68% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Option- 11; Zone Dive- 10; Trap- 7; Triple Option- 6 The other 32% of Army’s Offense was the following: Sweep- 4; Quarterback Iso- 4; Down- 2; Counter Trey- 1; Quarterback Sweep; Triple Pass; Sweep Reverse; Sneak- 2 Continue reading 2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus Navy

Army Has The Most Wins in a Season Since 1996–Here are Their Top Four Offensive Concepts of 2017

In 2017, Army West Point had their first 10-win season since 1996. Here are their top four concepts, which made up exactly 50% of their offense: ZONE DIVE (16% of offense–utilized when the defense forces a pull read on Triple Option) ZONE OPTION (14% of offense–utilized when the defense forces a give read on Triple Option) TRIPLE OPTION (13% of offense–this is the offense) TRAP … Continue reading Army Has The Most Wins in a Season Since 1996–Here are Their Top Four Offensive Concepts of 2017

Army’s Amazing Stats from Yesterday’s Armed Forces Bowl Win Shows the Power of the Triple Option Offense

Army won 42-35 yesterday over San Diego State in the Armed Forces Bowl. The Black Knights had the ball for 46 of the 60 minutes. They had 31 1st downs. 72% of the time on third down, Army got a first down.  This is by far the best in the FBS. Army had 440 yards rushing. Finally–San Diego State scored 35 points in 14 minutes … Continue reading Army’s Amazing Stats from Yesterday’s Armed Forces Bowl Win Shows the Power of the Triple Option Offense

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus San Diego State in the Armed Forces Bowl

Army West Point- 42 v San Diego State- 35 F Army West Point Total Plays Run- 83 83% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Option- 25; Zone Dive- 16; Trap- 12; Down- 10; Rocket- 6 The other 17% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Belly- 1; Midline Lead- 2; Triple Pass- 2; Sneak- 2; Counter Keep- 1; Belly Option- 1; Rocket Pass- 1; … Continue reading 2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus San Diego State in the Armed Forces Bowl