Midline Triple and Counter Option have tremendous similarities.
The big difference is that it’s tremendously easier to block Midline Triple than Counter Option.
Let’s take a look at the action of Counter Option:
Counter Option v. 3-4/50.
PR- Deep Defender
PA- Twirl 3
PT- Base-Deucecom (v. 2/3)
PG- Base-Deucecom (v. 2/3)-Down (v. 1/2i)
BG- Scoop 1
Q- Counter Steps
B- Veer Away Path
Now, let’s take a look at Midline Triple:
- The Playside Receiver has the same assignment on both concepts.
- The Playside A has the same assignment on both concepts.
- The Playside Tackle can now simply veer on Midline Triple.
- The Playside Guard has one fewer option on Midline Triple.
- The Center can Backside Ace the A-gap with the Backside Guard instead of Base–this is the benefit of Midline Triple.
- The Backside Guard can Ace the A-gap with the Center instead…
View original post 78 more words