Army West Point had their best regular season since 1996 and won their first Commander-in-Chief trophy since 1996. Here are nine accomplishments Army achieved with their Triple Option Offense:
- #1 in FBS in rushing offense with 356 yards/game.
- #1 in FBS with a 53% 3rd down conversion percentage.
- #1 in FBS with fewest sacks allowed (1).
- #3 in FBS with fewest turnovers lost (9).
- #3 in FBS with fewest negative plays/game (3).
- #4 in FBS with 19 yards per completion.
- #5 in FBS for time of possession (33 minutes/game).
- #5 in FBS with the fewest interceptions (5).
- #6 in FBS with fewest fumbles lost (4).
In 2017, after becoming a Triple Option Football Academy client and working with Dr. Cella, Rainier (WA) had their best season in 26 years, reached the state playoffs for the first time since 1991, and made it to the Washington Class 2B State Quarterfinals.
“Rainier Football has played around with the triple for a few years. This past season we went to the Triple Option Academy and had our school’s best season in 26 years (7-3, losing twice to the defending state champs) and reaching the State Playoffs for the first time since 1991. The part that impressed me the most was Dr. Cella’s availability throughout the season. Whenever we called with detail questions about the system, he had time for us.”
— Terry Shaw, Head Football Coach