In 2017, Army West Point had their first 10-win season since 1996. They ran the football 92% of the time. This is the most of any FBS school over the last 17 seasons.
Here are their top four concepts, which made up exactly 50% of their offense:
- ZONE DIVE (16% of offense–utilized when the defense forces a pull read on Triple Option)
- ZONE OPTION (14% of offense–utilized when the defense forces a give read on Triple Option)
- TRIPLE OPTION (13% of offense–this is the offense)
- TRAP (7% of offense–utilized when the defense forces a give read on Triple Option and the Backside Linebacker is tackling the B-Back–this is the best misdirection-based counter in Army’s offense)
In 2017, Army West Point had their best regular season since 1996 and won their first Commander-in-Chief trophy since 1996. Here are nine accomplishments Army achieved with their Triple Option Offense:
- #1 in FBS in rushing offense with 356 yards/game.
- #1 in FBS with a 53% 3rd down conversion percentage.
- #1 in FBS with fewest sacks allowed (1).
- #3 in FBS with fewest turnovers lost (9).
- #3 in FBS with fewest negative plays/game (3).
- #4 in FBS with 19 yards per completion.
- #5 in FBS for time of possession (33 minutes/game).
- #5 in FBS with the fewest interceptions (5).
- #6 in FBS with fewest fumbles lost (4).
The Academy empowers you to execute the Triple Option Offense the right way the first time. Dr. Lou Cella installs Army and Navy’s modern-day Flexbone Triple Option Offense with you and your staff.
Read more: Testimonials from Dr. Cella’s clients.
2019 Triple Option Football Academy 3-Step Clinic
Over 100 Hours of Drills from Dr. Cella’s Camps
Installation Clinic Library
Live Rep Count, Full-Season Practice Execution
Dr. Cella’s State Championship-Level Clients’ Game Video
The breakout session run with you, your staff, and Dr. Cella.
24-Hour On Call Support
Dr. Cella is available 24 hours/day for you and your staff.
The Academy is $999. You receive all these services for the next TWO years.
Contact 570.332.0265, and become a Triple Option Football Academy Client today.
Dr. Lou Cella, is a Sport and Performance Psychologist. He has assisted in the turnaround of numerous high school football programs through his flexbone triple option-based camp system. Just months after Dr. Cella served as camp director: