Army, Navy, and Air Force’s offense have combined to run 1383 plays and have competed in 21 games. The following are their most utilized concepts:
- Zone Dive- 242 times, 17% of offense, run 12 times/game.
- Zone Option (all variations)- 200 times, 14% of offense, run 10 times/game.
- Triple Option- 152 times, 11% of offense, run 7 times/game.
- Midline Triple Option- 137 times, 10% of offense, run 7 times/game.
- Triple Pass- 100 times, 7% of offense, run 5 times/game.
- Trap- 86 times, 6% of offense, run 4 times/game.
These six concepts are 65% of Army, Navy, and Air Force’s combined offense.
Army, Navy, and Air Force run these six concepts 45 times/game. (The average high school football offense runs 48 plays/game).
These three academies utilize 3-way option concepts 21% of the time and average 14 plays/game doing so.