What Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech’s Leading Rusher in 2017 All Have in Common

zone kick (8-man)

The Under-Center, Flexbone Triple Option Offense continues to evolve. In 2017, Navy’s top two leading rushers were their Quarterbacks, Zach Abey and Malcolm Perry.  Also, 56% of Navy’s run offense were Quarterback runs. NAVY 2017 RUSHING STATISTICS NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD Zach Abey 293 1413 4.8 75 (TD) 19 Malcolm Perry 138 1182 … Read moreWhat Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech’s Leading Rusher in 2017 All Have in Common

How the Triple Option Offense is Evolving with Army and Navy as We Move Into 2018

Army and Navy’s top three formations in 2017 (combined): 1- Double Flex 2- Heavy 3- Flex Spread Army and Navy’s top three concepts in 2017 (combined): 1- Zone Option 2- Zone Dive 3- Triple Option Happy 2018!

Navy Flexes 99% of the Time

In Navy’s huge bowl win versus Virginia (49-7), Navy was in a Flexed formation 99% of the time. This means they brought the Receiver in two yards from the Tackle. 63% of the time versus Virginia, Navy was in Double Flex:                             … Read moreNavy Flexes 99% of the Time

2018 Wings & Things Mesh Point Football Clinic is Held at Alvernia University in Reading, PA on March 2-3

  2018 MESH POINT FOOTBALL CLINIC Friday, March 2 and Saturday, March 3, 2018 Alvernia University, 400 St. Bernardine St, Reading, PA  Clinic directors – Anthony Sottasante & Dennis Iezzi  The clinic brochure can be found right here.    

2017 Navy Triple Option Offensive Breakdown versus Virginia in the Military Bowl

Navy- 49 v Virginia- 7 F Navy Offense Total Plays- 76 72% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Zone Dive- 20; Triple Option- 12; Zone Option- 16; Follow- 7 The other 28% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Triple Pass- 4; Trap- 3; Rocket- 3; Trap Option- 2; Rocket Boot- 2; Rocket Boot Option; Midline … Read more2017 Navy Triple Option Offensive Breakdown versus Virginia in the Military Bowl

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus Navy

Army West Point- 14 v. Navy- 13 F (December 9, 2017) Army West Point Total Plays Run- 50 68% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Option- 11; Zone Dive- 10; Trap- 7; Triple Option- 6 The other 32% of Army’s Offense was the following: Sweep- 4; Quarterback Iso- 4; Down- 2; Counter Trey- 1; Quarterback Sweep; … Read more2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus Navy

Win the Time of Possession Battle with the Triple Option Offense

In 2017, four of the top eight FBS programs that lead college football in time of possession were Triple Option football programs. Time of Possession RANK TEAM G TOP AVG TOP 1 Navy 12 430 35 2 Michigan St. 12 422 35 3 Wisconsin 13 457 35 4 Ga. Southern 12 408 34 5 Army … Read moreWin the Time of Possession Battle with the Triple Option Offense

How About The Fact that the Top Four FBS Teams in Yards Per Completion (2017) are All Triple Option Teams?

That’s right–in 2017 the top four FBS teams in yards per completion are the following: RANK TEAM G PASS COM PASS ATT PASS YDS AVG 1 Navy 12 42 101 1005 23.93 2 Georgia Tech 11 43 119 927 21.56 3 Air Force 12 69 143 1321 19.14 4 Army West Point 12 19 61 … Read moreHow About The Fact that the Top Four FBS Teams in Yards Per Completion (2017) are All Triple Option Teams?

Four of the Top Five 2017 FBS Rushing Offenses are Triple Option Offenses

The Triple Option Offense was devastating in 2017. In 2017, Army West Point averaged 355.8 yards/game.  This was the best in major college football.  In addition, they averaged 6.12 yards/run, and ran for 45 touchdowns.    Army averaged 58 rushes/game and won their first Commander-in-Chief trophy in 22 seasons. Navy finished #2 with 343 yards/game.  … Read moreFour of the Top Five 2017 FBS Rushing Offenses are Triple Option Offenses

Here’s Exactly What Georgia Tech, Army, and Navy are Running in 2017

Well, to no surprise the Triple Option is Georgia Tech, Army, and Navy’s #1 concept.  This is due to fact that the Triple Option is an offense and not just a play. Triple Option is the only concept that these three football programs all utilize at least four times/game. Army and Navy are utilizing the … Read moreHere’s Exactly What Georgia Tech, Army, and Navy are Running in 2017

Navy’s Top Four Concepts Through October 14, 2017

In 2017, Navy has run the Triple Option and the Zone Option significantly more than any other concept. 1- TRIPLE OPTION has been run 47 times. 2- ZONE OPTION has been run 41 times.  This concept is utilized when the defense is forcing a give read on Triple. 3- MIDLINE TRIPLE OPTION has been run … Read moreNavy’s Top Four Concepts Through October 14, 2017

2017 Navy Triple Option Breakdown versus Memphis

Navy- 27 v. Memphis- 30 F Navy Total Offensive Plays- 63 70% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Triple Option- 19; Follow- 10; Zone Option- 6; Triple Pass- 5; Midline Lead- 4 The other 30% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Rocket- 3; Counter Option- 2; Down- 2; Cowboy- 2; Zone Dive- 1; Zone Belly Pass- 1; Midline … Read more2017 Navy Triple Option Breakdown versus Memphis

2017 Navy Triple Option Breakdown versus Tulsa

Navy- 31 v. Tulsa- 21 F Navy Total Offensive Plays- 75 52% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Zone Option- 16; Midline Lead- 13; Triple Option- 10 The other 48% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Zone Option Block- 5; Rocket- 4; Midline Triple- 3; B-Toss- 3; Counter Option- 3; Zone Dive- 3; Slot Counter- 2; Triple Pass- … Read more2017 Navy Triple Option Breakdown versus Tulsa

American Athletic Conference Head Football Coaches Speak Out About Defending the Triple Option Offense

This below-listed 3 1/2 minute video gives feedback from AAC coaches on how they will attempt to defend Navy’s Triple Option Offense.   You can watch the video right here.

Notre Dame Coach Brian Kelly Admits when Facing Navy’s Offense: “You Can’t Have All the Answers”

Brian Kelly has been humbled by Navy’s Triple Option Offense. Before Navy’s 28-27 win over Notre Dame in 2016, Brian Kelly admits that the Triple Option is beyond difficult to stop. Read Coach Kelly’s pre-game comments right here. Learn about the Triple Option Football Academy right here.

How Navy Oversimplifies the Process with their Flexbone Triple Option Offense

Navy has a way of making their Triple Option Offense very concrete. There is a lot of direct teaching from coach to player. Learn how Navy oversimplifies the process right here. Triple Option Football Academy Information

Navy’s Players and Coaches Give the Reasons Why the Triple Option is So Great

Over the last 15 years, Navy has possessed vast success with the Triple Option Offense. Their Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and others have great reasons and convictions why the Triple Option is the way to go. Read exactly why Navy says the Triple Option is great right here. Read success stories about Triple Option Football Academy clients … Read moreNavy’s Players and Coaches Give the Reasons Why the Triple Option is So Great

The Basics of Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech’s Triple Option Playcalling Process

There is an “if-then” and procedural system to playcalling within the Triple Option Offense. Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech have evolved in the specifics of this over the last few years. Simply put–The Offense runs the Triple.  If the offense gets several yards on the Triple Option, run Triple Option again.  Have an answer for the … Read moreThe Basics of Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech’s Triple Option Playcalling Process

2016 Navy Triple Option Offense Breakdown versus UConn

Connecticut Huskies (1-1) Navy Midshipmen (2-0)   1 2 3 4   Total Connecticut 0 7 14 3   24 Navy 7 14 0 7   28 Total Plays- 59 Triple Option- 14 (24% of offense) Midline Triple- 9 (15% of offense) Triple Pass- 5 (8% of offense) Zone Option- 5 (8% of offense) Rocket- … Read more2016 Navy Triple Option Offense Breakdown versus UConn

Army and Navy’s Midline Variations

The following are the four variations of Midline run by Army and Navy: 1. Midline Triple 2. Midline Lead 3. Midline White (Playside A lateral steps and leads through the B-gap) 4. Midline Twirl (Playside A motions and leads through the B-gap) The Academy Install the Triple Option the right way the first time. Learn … Read moreArmy and Navy’s Midline Variations