1- Triple Option is 12/13
2- Midline Lead is 10/11 Lead
3- Zone Dive is 22/23
4- Rocket Toss is 58/59
5- Triple Pass is 312/313
6- Trap is 32/33
7- Down (Belly-G) is 44/45
8- Down Option (Belly-G Option) is 48/49
9- Counter Option is 18/19
10- Rocket Pass is 358/359
I’ve posted Coach Johnson’s numbering system on this site many years ago and have reposted it ever since. Now, I want to see how well you know the numbers he utilizes for the major important concepts. I’ll post the answers at noon today. Here we go.
Example- Zone Option is 26/27
1- Triple Option
2- Midline Lead
3- Zone Dive
4- Rocket Toss
5- Triple Pass
7- Down (Belly-G)
8- Down Option (Belly-G Option)
9- Counter Option
10- Rocket Pass
Answers will be posted later.
See how to run zone option with the B-back right here:
Georgia Tech Head Football Coach Paul Johnson on Running Triple versus a Three-Man Surface
From the Nike Clinic
▪ When facing a three-man surface (Triple Stack), take the A-Back and put him out in Trips.
▪ Somebody from the defense has to go with the Playside A-Back.
▪ Put the Playside A-Back out on the hash.
▪ #3 has to go with him. If #3 does go with him, now #3 is out of the box.
▪ Then, the other A-Back will come in motion and run Triple at him.
▪ You can make the 3-man surface move.
▪ If they don’t cover down, raise up and throw to the Trips A-Back
▪ This eliminates the defense’s three-man surface to run games.
This diagrams shows you how to run Trips Triple versus the Three-Man Surface just as Paul Johnson discussed:
▪ Trips Triple versus Three-Man Surface
▪ PR- Deep Defender
▪ MA- #3
▪ PA- Twirl, Pitch
▪ PT- Veer
▪ PG- Base to Ace
▪ C- Veer to Ace
▪ BG/BT- Scoop
▪ BR- Cutoff
▪ Q- Veer 1, Pitch 2
▪ B- Veer Path
Learn how to install the Triple Option Offense the right way the first time by calling Dr. Cella at 570-332-0265.
For 55 years, the Triple Option Offense has proven that you can win big without blocking Defensive Linemen.
Army finished #19 in the country last year… with no athletic scholarship football players. They run the Flexbone Triple Option.
Navy has been to bowl games 14 out of 16 years… with no athletic scholarship football players. They’ve run the Flexbone Triple Option in all 16 years.
Kennesaw State finished #4 in the FBS (1-AA) last year… and they’ve only had football for four years. They’ve been Flexbone Triple Option since day 1.
Lenoir-Rhyne went from 3-7 (2017) to 12-2 (2018) in Division-2 after installing the Flexbone Triple Option… biggest Division-2 turnaround in the country last year.
When you run the Flexbone Triple Option Offense, you make Defensive Linemen INVISIBLE.