When throwing the Triple Pass out of the Spread formation there are two situations: Triple Pass Switch (versus Playside Safety) Throwing Triple Pass out of Double Flex eliminates the conversion into ONE all-encompassing concept. This is because the Corner is FORCED to be the run support due to the compressed formation. … Read moreThrowing Triple Pass Out of Double Flex Simplifies the Process
Army West Point had their first 10-win season since 1996. They threw for 361 yards all season (on 20 completions). Fun Fact: Army West Point was #4 in the nation for yards/completion. If anyone tells you that you need to throw the ball to win… show them this. 2017 ARMY WEST POINT PASSING STATISTICS NAME … Read moreArmy Threw for 361 Yards All Season… and Had Their Best Season Since 1996
That’s right–in 2017 the top four FBS teams in yards per completion are the following: RANK TEAM G PASS COM PASS ATT PASS YDS AVG 1 Navy 12 42 101 1005 23.93 2 Georgia Tech 11 43 119 927 21.56 3 Air Force 12 69 143 1321 19.14 4 Army West Point 12 19 61 … Read moreHow About The Fact that the Top Four FBS Teams in Yards Per Completion (2017) are All Triple Option Teams?
Navy- 27 v. Memphis- 30 F Navy Total Offensive Plays- 63 70% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Triple Option- 19; Follow- 10; Zone Option- 6; Triple Pass- 5; Midline Lead- 4 The other 30% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Rocket- 3; Counter Option- 2; Down- 2; Cowboy- 2; Zone Dive- 1; Zone Belly Pass- 1; Midline … Read more2017 Navy Triple Option Breakdown versus Memphis
There are three core values that the Triple Option Head Football Coach must get across to his players and assistant coaches: The first core value of the Flexbone Triple Option Offense is the following: Throw verticals for touchdowns. The days of running the Flexbone Triple Option for three yards and a cloud of dust are long … Read moreFlexbone Triple Option Core Value #1
Thanks to my client, Alan Short, Head Football Coach at Lawrence County High School (KY), for providing this information. Ashley Ingram, Run Game Coordinator/Centers-Guards Coach at Navy provided information yesterday (1/11/17) at the AFCA Convention in Nashville. Navy’s 2016 Pass Offense consisted of the following: Playaction- 109 plays (51% of Navy’s 2016 Pass Offense) Sprint … Read moreNavy’s 2016 Passing Game
There are 128 Division-1 FBS Football Programs. Air Force (#1), Georgia Tech (#2), Navy (#3), and Army (#4) led the FBS in yards per completion. Air Force averaged 26 yards/completion, Georgia Tech averaged 20 yards/completion, Navy averaged 19 yards/completion, and Army averaged 18 yards/completion. These four FBS Football programs combined to average 21 yards per completion. … Read moreTriple Option — The Statistical, Top-Ranked, Quick-Strike Pass Offense of 2016