Army Flexbone Breakdown versus Air Force (2019)

army flexbone breakdown

Army Flexbone Breakdown: Army- 13 v. Air Force- 17 Army Total Plays Run- 54 48% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Option- 13 Zone Belly- 7 Triple Pass- 6 Other Plays Run: Triple Option- 1 Zone Dive- 1 Counter Keep- 1 Quarterback Draw- 4 B Toss- 1 Follow- 1 Sneak- 1 B Toss Boot … Read moreArmy Flexbone Breakdown versus Air Force (2019)

The Army Zone Belly

army zone belly

The Army Zone Belly has been utilized far less this year than in 2018; however, this is a solid pull constraint versus a B-gap void.  Learn how to run the Army Zone Belly right here. The Underdog Offense Coach, I’m not sure how you feel at this point in the season — but if your … Read moreThe Army Zone Belly

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus Tulane

Army West Point- 17 v. Tulane- 21 F Army West Point Total Offensive Plays- 75 69% of Army West Point’s Offense was the following: Zone Dive- 15; Triple Option- 13; Trap- 9; Zone Belly- 8; Zone Option- 7 The other 31% of Army West Point’s Offense was the following: Dropback Pass- 4; Iso- 3; Down (Belly-G)- 3; Midline … Read more2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus Tulane

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus UTEP

Army West Point- 35 v. UTEP- 21 F Army West Point Total Offensive Plays- 57 44% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Option- 10; Zone Belly- 5; Down (Belly-G)- 5; Iso- 5 The other 56% of Army’s Offense was the following: Triple Option- 3; Zone Dive- 3; Quarterback Draw- 2; Midline Lead- 2; Outside Veer Give- 2; … Read more2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus UTEP

Army West Point’s Top Five Concepts Through Week 3 of 2017

Army West Point is 2-1 right now.  Here are their top five concepts through Week 3 of 2017: 1- Zone Belly was run 23 times. 2- Triple Option was run 21 times. 3- Midline Lead was run 20 times. 4- Zone Dive (Pin) was run 18 times. 5- Zone Option was run 17 times. These … Read moreArmy West Point’s Top Five Concepts Through Week 3 of 2017

Utilizing Follow as a Constraint When #1 Cancels the B-Back on Triple

Georgia Tech and Army have been utilizing Follow as a pull read constraint in 2017. When the defense forces a pull read on Triple Option, Tech and Army are basing #1 with the Tackle and the Quarterback follows the B-Back up the hole. This way, when the Mike Linebacker runs over the top to take … Read moreUtilizing Follow as a Constraint When #1 Cancels the B-Back on Triple

Army West Point’s Top Five Concepts Through Week 2 of 2017

Army West Point has run 119 plays through their first two games of 2017.  Here’s the top five concepts from those two games: Zone Belly was run 21 times.  They have run this concept with some formation-based variations. Triple Option was run 17 times. Midline Lead was run 12 times.   Rocket and Zone Option … Read moreArmy West Point’s Top Five Concepts Through Week 2 of 2017

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown vs. Buffalo

Army West Point- 21 v. Buffalo- 17 F Army West Point Total Offensive Plays- 70 2/3 (67%) of Army West Point’s Offense was the following: Triple Option– 11; Zone Belly– 9; Midline Lead– 8; Rocket– 5; Zone Option– 5; Zone Dive– 5; Counter Keep– 4 Other 1/3 of the Offense (33%) was the following: Triple … Read more2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown vs. Buffalo

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown vs. Fordham

Army: 513 yards, no completions in opening win Ahmad Bradshaw rushed for two touchdowns and gained 128 of his 177 yards in the first half as Army crushed Fordham 64-6 in the opener for both teams Friday night (9/1/17). Army Offense Total Plays- 49 Zone Belly- 12 (24% of offense) Belly Option- 7 (14% of … Read more2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown vs. Fordham

2016 Army West Point Triple Option Offense Breakdown versus North Texas (Heart of Dallas Bowl)

Army runs the ball.

Army West Point Offense (38) v. North Texas (31) Total Plays- 78 Triple Option- 17/78 (22% of offense) Zone Dive- 13/78 (17% of offense) Zone Belly- 10/78 (13% of offense) Zoom (Midline Triple Option)- 8/78 (10% of offense) Zone Option- 7/78 (9% of offense) Follow- 5/78 (6% of offense) Other Concepts: Trap- 2; Cowboy- 2; … Read more2016 Army West Point Triple Option Offense Breakdown versus North Texas (Heart of Dallas Bowl)

2016 Army West Point Triple Option Offense Breakdown versus North Texas (Heart of Dallas Bowl)–First Half

Army’s Offense (24) versus North Texas (21) Total Plays- 39 Triple Option- 9/39 (23% of offense) Zone Dive (all variations)- 8/39 (21% of offense) Zone Belly- 5/39 (13% of offense) Zoom (Midline Triple Option)- 4/39 (10% of offense) Other concepts: Trap- 2, Cowboy- 1, Outside Veer Give- 1, A-Reverse- 1, Zone Belly Pass- 1, Down- 1, … Read more2016 Army West Point Triple Option Offense Breakdown versus North Texas (Heart of Dallas Bowl)–First Half