2017 Navy Triple Option Offensive Breakdown versus Virginia in the Military Bowl

Navy- 49 v Virginia- 7 F Navy Offense Total Plays- 76 72% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Zone Dive- 20; Triple Option- 12; Zone Option- 16; Follow- 7 The other 28% of Navy’s Offense was the following: Triple Pass- 4; Trap- 3; Rocket- 3; Trap Option- 2; Rocket Boot- 2; Rocket Boot Option; Midline Triple Option; Midline White- 5 Continue reading 2017 Navy Triple Option Offensive Breakdown versus Virginia in the Military Bowl

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus Navy

Army West Point- 14 v. Navy- 13 F (December 9, 2017) Army West Point Total Plays Run- 50 68% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Option- 11; Zone Dive- 10; Trap- 7; Triple Option- 6 The other 32% of Army’s Offense was the following: Sweep- 4; Quarterback Iso- 4; Down- 2; Counter Trey- 1; Quarterback Sweep; Triple Pass; Sweep Reverse; Sneak- 2 Continue reading 2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus Navy

Army Has The Most Wins in a Season Since 1996–Here are Their Top Four Offensive Concepts of 2017

In 2017, Army West Point had their first 10-win season since 1996. Here are their top four concepts, which made up exactly 50% of their offense: ZONE DIVE (16% of offense–utilized when the defense forces a pull read on Triple Option) ZONE OPTION (14% of offense–utilized when the defense forces a give read on Triple Option) TRIPLE OPTION (13% of offense–this is the offense) TRAP … Continue reading Army Has The Most Wins in a Season Since 1996–Here are Their Top Four Offensive Concepts of 2017

Army’s Amazing Stats from Yesterday’s Armed Forces Bowl Win Shows the Power of the Triple Option Offense

Army won 42-35 yesterday over San Diego State in the Armed Forces Bowl. The Black Knights had the ball for 46 of the 60 minutes. They had 31 1st downs. 72% of the time on third down, Army got a first down.  This is by far the best in the FBS. Army had 440 yards rushing. Finally–San Diego State scored 35 points in 14 minutes … Continue reading Army’s Amazing Stats from Yesterday’s Armed Forces Bowl Win Shows the Power of the Triple Option Offense

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus San Diego State in the Armed Forces Bowl

Army West Point- 42 v San Diego State- 35 F Army West Point Total Plays Run- 83 83% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Option- 25; Zone Dive- 16; Trap- 12; Down- 10; Rocket- 6 The other 17% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Belly- 1; Midline Lead- 2; Triple Pass- 2; Sneak- 2; Counter Keep- 1; Belly Option- 1; Rocket Pass- 1; … Continue reading 2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus San Diego State in the Armed Forces Bowl

Army West Point is off to their Best Record in 22 Seasons–Here are the Three Concepts that Drive their Offense

Army West Point 2017 Offense First eight (8) win regular season since 1996. #1 in FBS rushing offense (368 yards/game through 11 games). #1 in FBS 3rd down conversion percentage (53%) #3 in FBS least number of turnovers lost (9 in 11 games). #4 in FBS yards per completion (19).  (Navy is #1 with 24, Georgia Tech is #2 with 22, Air Force is #3 … Continue reading Army West Point is off to their Best Record in 22 Seasons–Here are the Three Concepts that Drive their Offense

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus North Texas

Army West Point- 49 v North Texas- 52 F Army West Point Total Plays Run- 71 75% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Dive- 18; Quarterback Power- 13; Zone Option- 12; Triple Option- 10 The other 25% of Army’s Offense was the following: Iso- 2 Sneak- 2 Iso Pass- 1 Rocket Pass- 2 Trap- 5 Midline Triple- 2 Counter Keep- 1 Follow- 1 Trap … Continue reading 2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown versus North Texas

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown Versus Duke

Army West Point- 21 v. Duke- 16 F Army West Point Total Offensive Plays- 56 68% of Army’s Offense was the following: Zone Dive- 20; Zone Option- 12; Triple Option- 6 The other 32% of Army’s Offense was the following: Trap- 3; Down- 3; Sneak- 3; Quarterback Power- 2; Quarterback Iso- 2; Trap Option- 1; Power- 1; Rocket Boot Pass- 1; Counter Keep- 1; Midline Lead- 1 Continue reading 2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown Versus Duke

2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown Versus Temple

Army West Point- 31 v. Temple- 28 F/OT Army West Point Offense total plays run- 70 56% of Army West Point’s Offense was the following: Dropback Pass- 12; Zone Dive- 10; Triple Option- 6; Zone Option- 6; Midline Lead- 5 The other 44% of Army West Point’s Offense was the following: Trap- 4; Counter Option- 1; Down- 2; Sneak- 2; Rocket Pass- 2; Triple Pass- … Continue reading 2017 Army West Point Triple Option Breakdown Versus Temple